Graz moves Europe – Europe moves Graz
Austria is committed to the international climate targets and to an active climate protection policy. There is great potential for advancing climate protection in the realm of mobility in particular. Austria is in the process of transforming its mobility system to make it as efficient and climate-neutral as possible.
For this reason, the first joint informal meeting of environment and transport ministers will address the topic of clean, safe and affordable mobility for Europe.
In advance of this informal meeting of environment and transport ministers, the Austrian Federal Ministry for Sustainability and Tourism and the Austrian Federal Ministry for Transport, Innovation and Technology extend an invitation to a special event on the main square (Hauptplatz) in Graz.
The event, which is entitled “Graz moves Europe – Europe moves Graz”, focuses entirely on clean mobility and sustainability. There is a fun activity in store for every age group, from test-driving an e-car to getting a bicycle check-up or water experiments. Another of the highlights is a big raffle, with prizes including two KTM bicycles.
Come and learn all about exciting projects for young and old from the fields of transport, innovation, technology and sustainability.
Date and time:
27 October 2018, 10:00-17:30
28 October 2018, 10:00-15:00
Main square (Hauptplatz) in Graz
- raffle with e-bike as main prize (prize draw on 27 October at 15:30, 28 October at approximately 13:40)
- children’s programme: bouncy castle, awesome water experiments with Frida & Fred, appearance by Helmi, and many more
- stamp pass campaign with food vouchers
- culinary delicacies (“Genussregion Österreich” association)
- test out an e-bike for free (KTM e-bike show truck)
- e-car driving school (Tesla Model S) for a free test drive accompanied by an experienced driver (klimaaktiv mobil)
- information on e-mobility subsidies
- free bicycle check-up (klimaaktiv mobil)
- walkable railway tunnel segments (Austrian Federal Railways)
- e-cars such as a Jaguar iPace and an e-motorcycle on display
- wheel of fortune with incredible prizes, current Ecolabel offers, Generation Blue chillout area (Federal Ministry for Sustainability and Tourism)
- photo booth on climate-friendly mobility
- tips on energy saving and climate protection (#mission2030)
- chance to talk to Federal Minister Norbert Hofer (27 October, 11:00‑13:00)
- visit from Federal Minister Elisabeth Köstinger: walking tour and klimaaktiv Award (28 October, 12:00‑14:00)
1. Europe Direct/EU Environmental Bureau
2. Federal Ministry for Sustainability and Tourism; Federal Ministry for Transport, Innovation and Technology, #mission2030
3. City of Graz and federal province of Styria
4. Austrian Federal Railways (ÖBB)
6. Austrian Road Safety Board (Kuratorium für Verkehrssicherheit)
7. Österreichische Post AG
8. KTM - Bikes
9. National Parks Austria
10. Genussregion Österreich
11. klimaaktiv mobil
12. E-mobility promotional package (Automobile Importers Working Group, ARGE 2Rad and the Austrian Federal Economic Chamber (WKÖ) Sports Goods Trade)
The event organisers hereby note that videos and photos will be taken at this event which will be published on the websites and the social media channels of the Federal Ministry for Transport, Innovation and Technology and the Federal Ministry for Sustainability and Tourism.