Permanent Conference and Media Centre
A permanent conference and media centre has been set up in the Austria Center Vienna (ACV) for the duration of the Austrian Presidency of the Council of the European Union. Situated directly next to the Vienna International Centre – home to the UN headquarters – the conference centre can be reached in only 7 minutes from the city centre by public transport.
Austria Center Vienna, Bruno-Kreisky-Platz 1, 1220 Vienna
The Austrian Presidency is committed to promoting sustainability. We therefore recommend that all attendees use public transport. Located right next to the underground station Kaisermühlen-VIC (U1 line – red), the ACV has excellent public transport connections.
Entrance for Media
Media representatives can enter the ACV by the East Entrance, which can be reached by crossing the Platz-der-Vereinten-Nationen (United Nations Square) and walking along the Aristides-de-Sousa-Mendes-Promenade (Aristides de Sousa Mendes Promenade). Right behind the security check in the entrance area, you will find the #eu2018at media accreditation desk. An escalator and lifts lead to Level -2, where the conference rooms and media centre are located.
The permanent conference and media centre opens to media representatives no later than 2 hours before each event open to the media and closes no later than 4 hours after the end of the last Presidency press conference. The #eu2018at media accreditation desk opens no later than 2 hours before each event open to the media.
The conference and media centre has its own covered multi-storey car park. For the duration of major political events, accredited media representatives can park for free in the Austria Center Vienna car park (level 2). For security reasons, a parking permit card must be displayed visibly on your windscreen when approaching the car park. You are also required to present your accreditation badge.
Applications for a parking permit card should be sent to email@example.com.
Please provide the following information:
- media organisation
- licence plate number
- vehicle make and type
Once you have received confirmation that you have been issued with a parking permit card, you can collect your card from the Media Accreditation Office of the Federal Press Service or from the media accreditation desk of the permanent conference and media centre.
For further information and a location plan, see https://www.acv.at/teilnehmen/anreise-und-verkehr/travelling-by-car.html
Information Desk / IT Helpdesk / Meeting Point
An information desk/IT helpdesk/meeting point has been set up in Foyer D on Level -2. It offers the following services:
- general information
- daily agenda and updates
- registration for pool sessions
- technical support
The media centre has five briefing rooms, 160 workstations for media representatives and offers the following equipment:
- desks and chairs
- 220V power supply at each workstation
- limited number of LAN access points
- limited number of ISDN access points
- limited number of permanent laptops in the media centre
- black and white printer
- CCTV screens
- limited number of lockers
- lounge area
The media centre has 6 outdoor positions and 5 indoor positions. Bookings can be made directly with the host broadcaster.
A cafeteria and the entrance to the catering area are located on Level -2 next to the information desk in Foyer D. A further cafeteria is located in front of the Austrian Presidency briefing room in Foyer K on the same level. You can pick up free snacks and drinks here during the media centre opening hours. A buffet lunch is also provided.
- During the Austrian Presidency, video recordings, audio recordings and photos featuring attendees may be taken. This material may be shared by the Austrian Presidency or the Austrian Federal Government including on their websites or social media channels. By attending events, attendees agree to this material being published without restrictions.
- Workstations in the media centres are allocated on a first come, first served basis. Event organisers are unable to reserve workstations for media representatives. One hour after the start of an event, the Austrian Presidency team will remove from unoccupied workstations any reserved signs placed there by media representatives.
- The Austrian Presidency assumes no responsibility for loss or damage to property.
- Taking photos or making recordings of confidential documents or other property belonging to attendees (including with mobile phones) is strictly forbidden.
- Under no circumstances are security staff to be filmed or photographed.
- The Federal Press Service reserves the right, should the need arise, to confiscate accreditation badges and thus revoke accreditation.
- Items which are not allowed in the building in accordance with the conference centre house rules or the rules laid down by the security authorities may be handed over for safekeeping to the security team members in the entrance area on Level 0. The items will be stored in safe bags and may be collected when leaving the building simply by presenting the tear-off slip given to you in exchange for the item.
- Lost property will be kept at the information desk of the permanent conference and media centre (Level -2) for a maximum duration of five working days.
- If the owner can be identified, the organisational team of the Austrian Presidency will contact the owner.
- Any uncollected items will be handed over to the Lost and Found Service of the City of Vienna.