Expert or political meeting
Challenging (the) Content – Content made in Europe in the digital economy
The Austrian Presidency of the Council of the European Union will initiate a debate about key challenges for the European cultural, media and creative sectors in the digital age. The conference 'Challenging (the) Content' aims to give impetus to the debate. Content, creativity and culture are areas of great economic potential for Europe. A better coordinated policy, not only for a digital single market, but for 'content made in Europe', can significantly strengthen the quality of information and cultural digital content. In addition, Europe must find answers in the fight against hate speech, fake news and other manipulative information sources.
8 October 2018: 09:30-18:00
9 October 2018: 09:00-14:30
Official photos of this event will be published on the official Flickr channel.
Official videos of this event will be published on the official Vimeo channel.
- Who is Who (05.10.2018) (EN) (pdf 10.6 MB)
- Media programme (02.10.2018) (DE) (pdf 1.18 MB)
- Media programme (02.10.2018) (EN) (pdf 1.24 MB)
- Media programme (02.10.2018) (FR) (pdf 1.25 MB)
- Programme (01.10.2018) (DE) (pdf 249.33 kB)
- Programme (01.10.2018) (EN) (pdf 253.14 kB)
- Programme (01.10.2018) (FR) (pdf 256.7 kB)
This event fulfills the Österreichische Umweltzeichen eco-label’s criteria for Green Meetings.