Expert or political meeting
Digitalisation of Work Conference
The conference will focus on issues relating to the quality of work in the context of new forms of work. It will address the following aspects:
- the organisation of work in the context of new forms of work
- the organisation of employment relationships in the platform economy
New forms of work on the one hand create new opportunities for work and may open up new opportunities as regards, for instance, access to the labour market. On the other hand, however, some forms pose new challenges related to labour law, working conditions and social protection. In addition to questions about working hours and the extent of work, as well as virtual migration and algorithmic management, the conference addresses, among other things, opportunities for worker participation as well as changes in employer–employee relationships.
In order to properly tackle the challenges related to new forms of work, it is thus necessary to address these issues not only at the national but also at the European level and to promote the exchange of information and good practices.
- Beate Hartinger-Klein, Federal Minister of Labour, Social Affairs, Health and Consumer Protection,
- Heinz Koller, Assistant Director-General, International Labour Organization,
- Irene Mandl, Head of Employment Unit, European Foundation for the Improvement of Living and Working Conditions,
- Ursula Huws, Professor at the University of Hertfordshire,
- Enrique Fernandez Macias, Researcher at the Joint Research Centre of the European Commission
- Christian Bodewig, Program Leader Inclusive Growth, World Bank
and many more.
Official photos of this event will be published on the official Flickr channel.
Official videos of this event will be published on the official Vimeo channel.
- Press information (19.09.2018) (DE) (pdf 613.99 kB)
- Press information (19.09.2018) (EN) (pdf 608.84 kB)
- Press information (19.09.2018) (FR) (pdf 612.99 kB)
- Programme (12.09.2018) (DE) (pdf 371.29 kB)
- Programme (12.09.2018) (EN) (pdf 360.25 kB)
- Programme (12.09.2018) (FR) (pdf 376.71 kB)
- Correction of Media advisory (DE) (pdf 99.51 kB)
- Correction of Media advisory (EN) (pdf 96.33 kB)
- Correction of Media advisory (FR) (pdf 101.17 kB)
- Workingpaper (not available in an accessible format) (DE) (pdf 543.23 kB)
- Workingpaper (not available in an accessible format) (EN) (pdf 431.99 kB)