Expert or political meeting
Fight against Occupational Cancer Conference
Cancer is estimated to be the leading cause of work-related deaths in the EU. The fight against occupational cancer was and still is a major challenge for Europe.
Our mutual goal is to reduce the number of victims now and in the future. Therefore a joint and strong approach to this problem at European level is required.
For Austria the protection of workers against work-related cancer is a matter of special concern.
The conference gives an overview of ongoing initiatives and challenges in the field. Presentations range from the EU perspective to simple measures and practical solutions in businesses. In workshops participants have the possibility to discuss current developments and examples of awareness raising.
During recent years the “Roadmap on Carcinogens from Amsterdam 2016 to Vienna 2018” has been the basis for a multitude of valuable activities. As a special highlight, Austria is honoured to pass the “Roadmap on Carcinogens” to Helsinki 2019.
Keynote Speakers include:
- Beate Hartinger-Klein, Austrian Minister of Labour, Social Affairs, Health and Consumer Protection
- Christa Sedlatschek, Director of the European Agency for Safety and Health at Work (EU-OSHA)
- Jukka Takkala, President of the International Commission on Occupational Health (ICOH)
Official photos of this event will be published on the official Flickr channel.
- Background information for journalists (24.09.2018) (DE) (pdf 611.65 kB)
- Background information for journalists (24.09.2018) (EN) (pdf 594.07 kB)
- Background information for journalists (24.09.2018) (FR) (pdf 602.3 kB)
- Programme (19.09.2018) (DE) (pdf 355.33 kB)
- Programme (19.09.2018) (EN) (pdf 352.83 kB)
- Programme (19.09.2018) (FR) (pdf 348.08 kB)
- Correction of Media advisory (DE) (pdf 97.46 kB)
- Correction of Media advisory (EN) (pdf 146.87 kB)
- Correction of Media advisory (FR) (pdf 90.73 kB)