Conference or seminar
17th European Tourism Forum
The 17th European Tourism Forum is a high-level conference organised by the Austrian Presidency of the Council of the European Union together with the European Commission. The Forum will be held on 1 and 2 October 2018 in the Austria Center Vienna.
Tourism has grown into a major economic activity in the European Union and worldwide. It contributes significantly to wealth and jobs in many regions and cities and generates spin-offs in numerous sectors.
At the 17th European Tourism Forum, we will draw a picture of the fast-changing, interconnected and dynamic environment decision makers in tourism have to face. How will megatrends such as digital and technological progress, demographic developments and evolving global visitor demand and travel patterns, as well as the shift to low-carbon and resource efficiency shape the future of tourism?
Moreover, the Forum will provide the opportunity to exchange ideas on how to respond to current and emerging challenges in strategic tourism planning. The central question is: How can we shape a sustainable form of tourism, which is ensuring quality of life and value added in the long run? In this context, selected key issues and successful tourism strategies with regard to processes, partnerships and networks will be addressed.
The event will bring together experts from the public and private sector of all EU member states as well as European institutions and associations. Please note that participation is by invitation only.
Information on previously held European Tourism Forums can be found on the website of the European Commission.
Official photos of this event will be published on the official Flickr channel.
Official videos of this event will be published on the official Vimeo channel.
- 1. Presentation Andrew van der Feltz (not available in an accessible format) (only EN) (pdf 5.99 MB)
- 2. Presentation Susanne Kraus-Winkler (not available in an accessible format) (only EN) (pdf 1.08 MB)
- 3. Presentation Boštjan Brumen (not available in an accessible format) (only EN) (pdf 1.04 MB)
- 4. Presenation Alain Dupeyras (not available in an accessible format) (only EN) (pdf 565.52 kB)
- 5. Presentation Walter Haas (not available in an accessible format) (only EN) (pdf 2.11 MB)
- 6. Presentation Laurent Queige(not available in an accessible format) (only EN) (pdf 639.75 kB)
- 7. Presentation Nina Forsell (not available in an accessible format) (only EN) (pdf 423.99 kB)