Expert or political meeting
Conference on the effectiveness of justice systems
This conference is organised together with the European Union and will include opening speeches by European Commissioner Vera Jourová and Josef Moser, Austrian Federal Minister of Constitutional Affairs, Reforms, Deregulation and Justice.
The aim of the conference is to take stock of the efforts undertaken across Europe to improve the effectiveness of justice, as well as to examine how the EU can further support these efforts. The independence, quality and efficiency of justice systems are crucial for upholding the values upon which the EU is founded, for the implementation of EU law, for mutual trust and for an investment‑friendly environment.
The live stream of the opening session with EU Commissioner Vera Jourová and Federal Minister Josef Moser can be viewed from 10:00 at: http://bmvrdj.streaming.at/20181130
Official photos of this event will be published on the official Flickr channel.
- Agenda (FR) (pdf 148.5 kB)
- Agenda (EN) (pdf 173.8 kB)
- Agenda (FR) (pdf 139 kB)
- General Information for Delegates (EN only) (pdf 322.24 kB)
- Background paper: Risks and opportunities of digitalisation in the judiciary (EN only) (pdf 178.58 kB)
- Background paper: Justice for citizens and businesses (EN only) (pdf 208.45 kB)